Get Started - Becoming Informed
Learning Various Ways
to Research Answers to
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Match methods of research to various research questions.
- Develop and implement a research plan.
Students will learn various methods of researching the answers to the questions they have identified.
- Besides internet searches, what methods of research can help me be aware and informed?
- Is it beneficial to use multiple methods of research?
Recommended Time:45 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
Student generated research questions
- Ask students to convene with their groups, bringing along the research questions they have developed.
- Distribute and go over the Ways to Conduct Research handout with students.
- Model for students how you might use other methods of research, besides using media, to learn about an issue of interest to you.
- In their groups, students discuss and determine opportunities to utilize alternate methods of research, and make plans to proceed with this process.
- Groups share their new research plans with the class.