Get Started - Becoming Informed
Navigating the Internet
for Reliable Sources
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Employ methods for checking the reliability of a web source
Students will learn and apply methods for checking the reliability of web sources.
- How can I tell if a web source is reliable or not?
Recommended Time:45 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
Computers with Internet access
- Distribute and go over the Check Reliability of Web Sources handout with students.
- Model how you would employ these techniques with one or two web sources.
- Students continue reading and researching, using the handout to help them verify reliability of sources.