Get Started - Becoming Informed
Using Google Effectively
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Initiate more effective uses of Google as a research tool
This lesson provides students with tools and strategies to use Google effectively in their research.
• How can I make my Google search more effective?
Recommended Time:45 – 120 minutes * Depending on how sophisticated your students’ use of Google already is and the time you have available, you can break this lesson up in a number of ways. You may go over all the tips in one class or break them up as you see fit.
Common Core State Standards:
Computers with Internet access.
- Distribute and go over Expanding Google Search handout.
- Consider modeling how using these changes impacts a Google search.
- Students continue researching their selected issues, using the tips from the handout to refine their searches.