Take Action - Creating Campaigns
Composing your Brochure
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Draft, revise and edit an informational and persuasive brochure
Students use Microsoft Publisher or other software to compose their brochures.
- What are the general guidelines for creating a brochure?
- What elements must a brochure contain?
- What might a brochure contain?
- What are the benefits and challenges of this medium?
- What are the steps in planning an effective brochure?
Recommended Time:180 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
Computers with Microsoft Publisher or similar software to use in composing brochures
- On the first day, model the basics of the software program the students will be using. Additional teaching should be informed by the work students are doing and/or occur in individual conferences with students.
- Students work on their brochures.