Take Action - Creating Campaigns
Creating Visuals for
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Collaborate to create visuals for their informal pitch
Students learn how to use presentation tools and visuals to support their presentation. They also will be introduced to a Creative Activist Toolkit, “Perfect Your Pitch”.
- How can visuals enhance the meaning and message of a pitch?
Recommended Time:90 – 135 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
- Explain that visuals strengthen an informal pitch when they are used in meaningful ways.
- Often, presenters will create a visual tool to complement their pitch. Use PowerPoint, Smartboard Notebooks or Google Presentation to support your pitch with visual aides. A well-crafted visual aide is not a script, but a visual tool that guides and complements a presentation.
- Guide students on how to access ‘Perfect Your Pitch’, a Creative Activist Toolkit, that will support them in creating an effective and inspiring pitch.
- Groups will use “Perfect Your Pitch” to start crafting their own presentation materials. Groups should delegate responsibilities among their members in preparation for developing their pitch.