Take Action - Creating Campaigns
Evaluating a Pitch
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Evaluate presentations of peers
- Provide constructive feedback to peer presenters
Campaign groups present their pitches to their peers who will then, as critical friends, evaluate them and provide constructive feedback using the Pitch Evaluation handout.
- What does it mean to provide constructive criticism to peers?
- How can we help improve each other’s campaigns by providing constructive criticism?
Recommended Time:45 – 90 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
Determined by group need
- Explain that groups will be providing feedback to other groups as they pitch their ideas.
- Model for students examples of constructive feedback that critical friends may provide.
- Review with students the Pitch Evaluation handout.
- Groups pitch to the class, and students evaluate each other using the Pitch Evaluation handout.