Take Action - Creating Campaigns
What is a Campaign?
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Generate some ideas for their own campaigns
A campaign is an organized course of action to achieve positive change. This lesson introduces students to the powerful impact of campaigns, and begins to inspire them to create their own.
- What is a strategic campaign?
Recommended Time:45 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
Computer with Internet access
- Distribute and review with students the Intro to Campaign handout asking them what they know about the ‘Red campaign’ – or another campaign. Usually there are a few students who have a hazy understanding of the Red campaign, though further explanation often is necessary. You might want to refer to their quality website: www.red.com that explains the campaign simply.
- Ask students if they are aware of other campaigns and make note of campaigns mentioned.
- Once the discussion shifts to student-created campaigns, excitement takes over! It is likely that the whole class period will be used answering questions and talking about students’ ideas.
- If time permits, you might have students start jotting down ideas they have for their own campaign to bring to their groups.