Take Action - Making Films
Preparing for Video Editing
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Rename, organize, select, and trim clips for use in their documentaries
In this lesson, students are introduced to the first parts of post-production and video editing – viewing, naming, selecting and trimming clips.
- What role does post-production have in creating our documentaries?
- How can we use video editing tools to refine the message of our documentaries?
Recommended Time:90 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
- Video editing software
- OR Internet access and web-based editing software (WeVideo, PowToon)
- Distribute and review Welcome to Post-Production handout.
- Demonstrate how to rename and organize raw footage.
- Demonstrate how to trim clips and move selected clips into a timeline/project.
- Students work on renaming, organizing, selecting clips, and trimming, using the handout to guide their work.