Take Action - Making Films
Video Editing: Text,
Transitions, FX, V/O & Music
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Edit their documentaries for maximum effect using video editing tools
In this lesson, students learn how to use text, transitions, effects, voiceovers and music to their films for desired impact.
- What role does post-production have in creating our documentaries?
- How can we use video editing tools to craft effective documentaries?
Recommended Time:90 -180 minutes - Depending on how sophisticated your students’ use of video editing already is and the time you have available, you can break this lesson up in a number of ways. You may go over all the tips in one class or break them up as you see fit.
Common Core State Standards:
Computers with video editing software
- Distribute and review Video Editing 101 handout with students, stopping to model each editing technique.
- Students use the remaining time to edit their documentaries.