Take Action - Making Films
Writing and Developing
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Collaborate on creating an original storyboard for their film
A storyboard is a graphic organizer used by filmmakers to plan how their film will look and sound, shot by shot. In this lesson, students learn how to plan out their film using a storyboard.
- What is a storyboard?
- How does a storyboard help plan for a film?
Recommended Time:90 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
- Distribute and review Storyboard 101 handout.
- Model for students how to complete a storyboard.
- In groups, students work on completing a storyboard for their film.
- Students will turn in a completed storyboard at the end of the second day. Teacher will collect storyboards and provide feedback, approving storyboards that are now ready for production.