Take Action - Writing Persuasively
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Publish their commentaries
- Engage in thoughtful discussion about issues
Students publish and share their commentaries.
- What opportunities are there to publish our commentaries and make them public?
Recommended Time:45-90 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
Commentary drafts and final pieces
- Explain that writers write for an audience and as a writing community, the class will be your first audience.
- Students will prepare final versions of their commentaries, editing them for mechanics and grammar.
- Final, polished commentaries will be shared with the class, either in print or electronically on blogs or discussion boards.
- Provide students with a structure to respond to each other’s writing.
- Encourage students to pursue additional avenues for publication.