Take Action - Writing Persuasively
After this lesson, students will be able to:
- Work with a peer to revise letters
In this lesson, students will work with a partner to revise their letters.
- What is the structure for a formal letter?
- How can you write a powerful and persuasive letter?
Recommended Time:45-90 minutes
Common Core State Standards:
- Explain that partners will be serving as “critical friends” to each other. Critical friends are supportive of one another while also providing feedback and suggestions in a positive way.
- Model for students examples of constructive feedback that critical friends may provide.
- Review with students the Letter Peer Revision handout.
- Partners read each other’s letters and evaluate each other using the Letter Peer Revision handout.